Friday, February 6, 2009

end of the week exfoliation: broken boots


You would think that someone who is interested in living simply would fix or throw away boots with a broken zipper. But strangely, that has not been the case for me and my tall brown boots.

These questionably faux leather boots were my "go to" shoe of winter, 2007. I wore them daily until the left boot's zipper broke last March. I kept them around because I planned on taking them to the cobbler (There are still cobblers, right? It sounds way cooler than "shoe repairman.") and wear them this winter. But I never repaired them. They have sat on a shelf looking down at me- pleading to be fixed and employed again.

Looking at these boots now, I realize I don't like them. Given the opportunity, I wouldn't buy them- and if that is the case, why should I fix and wear them? Time to walk on.

1 comment:

  1. You could get them fixed and bring them to one of the consignment shops around Belmont and Clark.

    Personally, I'm going to throw some more old clothes into a bag and bring them to the salvo tomorrow. I have approx. 2,365,734 T-shirts I don't wear anymore. Last week I got rid of all of my crappy dishes because I only really need two plates and a couple forks.

    I can't wait for the week that I can say I got rid of my car.

    ReplyDelete