Thursday, February 19, 2009

dressing charlotte: silk scarves and sweaters


This week's Dressing Charlotte is a look I created for myself using my Grandma's vintage silk scarves. When she passed away, I inherited a handful of these great accessories. I am not sure how often she wore them, or what era they are from (1960's or 1970's?). But the same look can be achieved with new square scarves tied in a simple knot at the back of the neck. Think Jesse James meets Jackie O.

In the summer I like to pair t-shirts with the scarves, a straight jean skirt, and ballet flats. And dark skinny jeans tucked into brown leather boots looks polished with the shirt/scarf combo in winter.


As for accessorizing a look like this, keep jewelry simple above the scarf. Great button earrings, studs, or these little cuties are perfect. Then add some color to the hands with either a great cocktail ring or bracelet like the one below.

1 comment:

  1. SUCH gorgeous scarves. You are a lucky girl! I especially like the first one!

    ReplyDelete