Either way the meal was great- I don't love raw spinach salads, so this was a great way for me to get my leafy greens. Here is the ingredient list:
- 1 bag fresh spinach - this is a great dish to make if you are close to the expiration date
- chopped garlic (as much as you like, I used 3 cloves)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- capers (as many as you like, but optional)
- pesto (mine was from Trader Joes, optional but does add a nice flavor)
- pine nuts, walnuts
- Sear the pine nuts and walnuts in a pan on medium heat until brown, make sure to keep an eye on them and don't let them burn. Put them to the side for later.
- Put olive oil in large pot with garlic and let simmer for a few minutes until warm, on medium heat. Once you see some sizzling action, throw the spinach into the pot and cover. Keep an eye on the greens as they wilt and add extra olive oil if needed. It should take 5-7 minutes and greens will look dark and squishy.
- In a bowl add cooked spinach, some spoonfuls of pesto, capers, the seared pine nuts, walnuts, and s+p as needed. Stir and enjoy.